Aura Walker MA, CHt: Los Angeles Hypnotherapist, Vocational Counselor, Therapeutic Facilitator, Group Leader and Motivational Speaker.
2006, One-year post-graduate certification in Clinical Hypnosis, Renowned Hypnosis Motivation Institute, Tarzana CA.
1998, Naropa Institute in Boulder Colorado. Master’s degree in Transpersonal Counseling, Psychology and Art Therapy.
1992, Parsons School of Art and Design and the New School for Social Research, NYC. Undergraduate in liberal arts and fine arts.
Aura believes that creativity and enjoyment in daily life are important to one’s sense of fulfillment.
- 1995-1998 Dual Diagnosis rehab counselor for Denver Mental Health Corporation and for the Eagle Lodge American Indian Treatment Center in Denver.
- 1998 Moved to Minneapolis, MN. Managed the Minneapolis American Indian Center Chemical Dependency Dept.
- 1998, finished a graduate thesis on self-esteem and focused topic on Art-making as a Tool for Raising the Self-esteem of American Indian Men in Substance Abuse Recovery.
- 1998, Upon completing the thesis, received Masters degree diploma in Transpersonal Counseling, Psychology and Art Therapy from the Naropa University formerly the Naropa Institute in Boulder, Colorado.
- 1999, After completing her graduate school classes, Aura developed her own consulting business in Minneapolis. Co-founded Expressive Arts Services, Ltd. or EASL, with Melina Weir, former president of the Minnesota Art Therapy Association, and fellow alumnus from the Naropa Institute (they met in graduate school.) Together they pioneered custom designed group workshops with therapy-based goals throughout Twin Cities agencies. Workshops were held at schools, retirement homes, battered women shelters, local government agencies, other nonprofit organizations, and for-profit corporations. Aura still designs morale raising, mental health education, parenting classes, and revenue-boosting workshops for organizations in Los Angeles.
- 2003, Moved to Los Angeles and got involved in managing medical spas. Was interested in learning about developing wellness centers.
- 2006, became a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist from the renowned Hypnosis Motivational Institute in Tarzana California. Developed a stress, anxiety and trauma release protocol that is also effective for PTSD and veterans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq-rO290kbk&list=PL1BACC07001D39C00
- 2012, Started a Ban Fracking California campaign. Currently one of the biggest grassroots campaigns, to preserve clean water in the state of California: http://pac.petitions.moveon.org/sign/ban-fracking-in-califoria?source=c.em&r_by=2081239
- 2017 Became a columnist for http://yovenice.com/ under her column ‘Ask a Hip Hypnotherapist.’
To donate to Aura’s Ban Fracking efforts, please donate here: http://www.ecoaction411.com/donate-1
Ms. Walker now lives in Los Angeles and is currently expanding her private practice as a; personal and business strategist, adviser, mental health practitioner, clinical hypnotherapist, (stress, anxiety, and trauma specialist,) child art therapist, parenting coach, relationship counselor, motivational speaker, and environmental activist. She was a public health teacher for West L.A. College Kinship and Foster Care Education Program from 2011-2013.
Ms. Walker consulted for the Psychological Trauma Center at Cedars Sinai Medical Center from 2008-2010. She is experienced with people of all ages including parents, teachers (grades 1-12), children, teens, adults in substance abuse recovery, adults, mental illness, and children with persistent emotional and mental illness, and the elderly. She continues to design group workshops for corporations and other organizations based on budget and group size.
Aura welcomes the opportunity to use all of her varied and developed skills towards helping others gain greater clarity, self-awareness, joy, deep relaxation, success and creativity in their lives. She continues to work with individual clients, corporations, and businesses.
2010, Trained by the 1 in six http://www.1in6.org/ and ‘The Men’s Project’ to counsel adult male survivors of sexual abuse.
2006-Current Certificate for Professional Mental Health Counselors, American Professional Agency -Ongoing.
2006, Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis, Hypnosis Motivation Institute.
2006-Current, Certified Mental Health Counselor.
2006-2012, American Hypnosis Association Member – AHA, Member.
2005-2013, Hypnotherapist’s Union Local 472.
1998, MA in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology and Art Therapy, Naropa University, Boulder Co.
1998, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Certification, Colorado Dept. of Human Services.
1997, Certificate of Training for Ethics For Professional Counselors, Denver Health Services Dept
1997, Certificate of Training for Level II Domestic Violence Assessment, Denver Health Services Dept
1996, Certificate of Training for Preventing HIV, Colorado Dept of Human Services.
For a confidential, Clinical Hypnotherapy appointment with Aura Walker MA, CHt
Please call (310) 382-6313.